About

Monday, October 6, 2014

Lancôme Rouge in Love – 181N Rouge Saint Honore



I am reviewing today Lancôme lipstick called Rouge in Love; in color 181N Rouge Saint Honore. Lancome just launched a new, longwearing lipstick formula.

Hermione Granger (Emma Waston) - Looking Gorgeous
I have reviewed my other expensive brand here, where I indulged my depression and irritation from work into buying them (and I am still trying to recover from my guiltness!)
So, I was searching for a good red lip color; though I already have one from Nivea which I have already reviewed here. The color didn’t seem all that red to me and though I really love the Nivea color, I still wanted one more red to add to my collection.
I got mine from Faces in Bur Juman for AED 140.


The entire range is divided into 3 variations of pigmentation, referred to as a “mood” by Lancôme; and each mood is categorized into different shades and colors ranging from pinks, neutrals, corals and reds.


What the product claims?

Love your lips! Finally, the long wear lipcolor you'll love to wear. This collection of radiant, high potency colors, with up to 6 hours of wear, is surprisingly featherlight, offering delightful comfort.

Discover the lipcolor that describes you best and let your lipcolor show your mood, any time of the day.

Categorized in 3 moods:

Jolis Matins: Fresh shades for daytime wear. Jolis Matins shades are identified with the letter M in the shade number.

Boudoir Time: Pop shades for cocktail hour. Bourdoir Time shades are identified with the letter B in the shade number.

Tonight is My Night: Intense shades for magical nights. Tonight is My Night shades are identified with the letter N in the shade number.
  
My Review on Lancôme Rouge in Love – 181N Rouge Saint Honore

I fell in love with this red. It was a perfect shade of the color I been searching for. The packaging is really chic silver metal, with the collection name mentioned on the cover.


Small and compact lipstick, ready to go everywhere in your bag.


Bold, intense and super pigmented formula. It has a slight fragrance which is not so powerful. And as the product claims, it does have a long-lasting power and feels light on the lips. Most of my lipsticks feel heavy, and I tend to wipe it off even before the staying power that it claims; though it leaves a slight stain on your lips even when the color has faded.


With its ultra-light texture, the color glides on smoothly on the lips without showing any cracks. Thanks to its nourishing oil, the color keeps your lips well moisturised without any gloss/lip balm application.


The color is not suitable for everyday office wear, so I would stick it for only special occasions or night out. But if I really am in the mood in the morning, I would apply this red color and wipe it off so that my lips have that delicious rosy color.

Swatches:




After wiping off the color with a make-up remover cleanser

PROS:

- Super Pigmented
- Perfect red shade
- Long Lasting power; even when faded, it leaves a pretty stain color
- Ultra-light texture; does not feel heavy on the lips
- Smooth and easy to glide on
- Moisturizing
- Medium to full coverage
- Has a slight floral fragrance
- Available in 21 beautiful colors to suit your mood and skin tone

CONS:
- The color is too bold for everyday/office wear
- May not suit medium-dark skin tone
- Price

Final Verdict:Their new; Rouge in Love collection has variety of products to offer. Though it may be little pricey (or a lot pricey for some); you can purchase at least one makeup from their latest launch. The 181N Rouge Saint Honore may not be everyone’s favourite  but with the choices available at hand; a makeup addict will definitely fall head over heels on these beauties. Their new collection is available at all Lancôme stations in Faces, Paris Gallery and Debenhams.

How many of you love to go bold with colors like red?

Rating:
4.5/5 (for the price tag)

Hope you have a nice week ahead.

Stay Beautiful, Stay Blessed


No comments:

Post a Comment