About

Friday, October 31, 2014

YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in 6 Pink in Devotion

OK, here is the deal. I know I have enough makeup that can last me forever and possibly I have duplicate colors. But I want to owe atleast ONE product from high-end brand. Let's just say it's like I am on a mission to have branded cosmetics in my makeup vanity.

So here I am, reviewing one of the most beautiful brand - Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) Rouge Volupté Shine.


I got it for a good price, not from the store; but from this Facebook page - Branded Cosmetics. This girl, sells all high-end product at a lower market rate. I guess I will be completing my mission from her. :D

About the Product:
Introducing Rouge Volupté Shine.  Give in to the temptation of dazzling color. Succumb to a unique sensorial experience with extreme comfort and luminous shine.  Hyaluronic acid microspheres help seal in moisture for 8 hours of hydration. Anti-oxidants and emollients help condition and soften lips.

Available in 19 shades. But the Facebook page I got it from had limited. I got the color in 6 - Pink in Devotion.


My Review on YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in 6 Pink in Devotion:
I am in love. I am more in love with the YSL Lipstick packaging. The gold box and the gold tube, is sucha luxury to the eyes. I would pick this product up again just for the packaging. 


I love how the there is an intricate design on the tube with the brand YSL intertwining with the design. It also has a background of the color inside the tube.

Pink in Devotion is a pretty bright pink color and contains visible shimmer. I know I have mentioned that I am not a fan of shine and gloss, but this was a total exception.


The lipstick is beautifully pigmented, it does not show as bright as it looks when applied. It is very hydrating, glides on smoothly, gives softer looking lips and has a nice watermelon-y smell to it.

The color being on the brighter side, may not suit all skin tones. Though it gives a nice sheer result, I would advice for dark skin tone girls to try it out before splurging on this product (I got dark when I went to Saudi, so it does not suit me well. But who cares...I LOVE this color!)

The lipstick is last only for few hours, but I honestly don't mind as it gives me a chance to show-off infront of my girls when I am applying it. :D

Swatches:




PROS:
- Available in 19 luxury colors
- Packaging worth dying for
- Very hydrating and gives visible softer lips
- Has a nice watermelon-y smell
- Visible shimmer
- Perfect for summers

CONS:
- Does not have long staying power (Though it's not a con for me!)
- PRICE

Final Verdict:
YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in 6 Pink in Devotion may burn your pockets, but there is no harm to spurge on high-end products once in a while. Like; go treat yourself with YSL just because you were nice at work, or you lost 1/2 a kilo, or you maintained your diet...just have any excuse and have a look at their collection.

Rating:
4.9/5 (Price)



Stay Beautiful, Stay Blessed


No comments:

Post a Comment