About

Monday, October 6, 2014

Max Factor - Colour Elixir Lipstick in 745 Burnt Caramel



Hey All,

I have been so busy this whole time with the Ramadan and then Eid. Now its all back to normal. Same routine, same old boring work. But not complaining!!! 

Finally got chance to review my first ever MaxFactor product - Color Elixir Lipstick in 745 Burnt Caramel.



This range has 15 shades out of which, 12 shades are shown on the official Max Factor website.


What the company claims?
For instant fabulous colour and smoother, softer* lips over time look no further than Max Factor’s new Colour Elixir Lipstick. The Elixir formula contains a 60% blend of skin emollients, conditioners and antioxidants including vitamin E, for a visible transformation in the look and feel of your lips. As you apply the Colour Elixir Lipstick, it actively moisturizes and smoothes lips. Enjoy rich and gorgeous looking colour on smooth, beautiful lips.
*vs bare lips

























My take on the product:
I was introduced to this product by a colleague of mine and instantly fell in love with it. That every evening before heading back home from work, I went and bought it from Avenue in Bur Dubai for AED 59 in Burnt Caramel.The color is wearable with or without any makeup.



The casing cover of the product is a beautiful matte golden color. Every lipstick of Exilir has colored bottom which indicates the shade of the product, making it easy to identify the color in my vanity box.


The shade is a mauve-brown color having an undertone of warm pink. It has a soft and creamy texture that glides on smoothly on the lips. The color looks satin but end up matte when applied. It also has a moisturizing and hydrating power. You can apply a little Vaseline or any balm before applying this lipstick so as to avoid any cracks being shown.
It has a good staying power of 4-5 hours and I am sure it last more than that since I have not got a change to use it for more than 4-5 hours. The lipstick has a slight smell of vanilla essence.

Swatch - one swipe
Close up of the swatch
The staying power is 4-5 hours and you can apply 2-3 coasts to intensify the color. The color looks way too natural on me. I apply more than 3 coats as this color is close to my lip color. 

Lip Swatch

PROS:
- Soft and Creamy texture
- Does not feel heavy on the lips.
- Hydrating and Moisturizing power.
- Decent staying ability.
- No chemical/weird smell. 
- Satin look yet matte finish when applied.
- Love the casing cover.
- Available at all MaxFactor counters across the region.

CONS:
- Nothing that I know of. :)

Would I recommend this?
YES! To those who don't are not confident enough to wear bold and loud colors can definitely go for this color. Its perfect for formal and office wear.

Final Verdict:
MaxFactor product - Color Elixir Lipstick in Burnt Caramel is good for office or formal wear. Since the color is similar to my original lip color, I may not wear it to parties or any other occasions. This color may not suit all skin tones but probably will look best on dusky or tanned complexion - it looked pretty on my colleague who has tanned skin :(.  I will definitely buy  another darker color from this same range to suit my skin tone.

Rating:
4.8/5 - For looking way too natural on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment